Friday, February 11, 2011

Coerce me no more!

I spent yesterday doing a radar site in Nikki. I took my sweet time in my rupture, not having the range or the speed to shoot down targets fast, but it worked out in the end and soon I watched my wallet grow almost 30 million ISK stronger.

I was busy breaking the code of the last info shard when I noticed a sudden influx of people in local. A quick peek on my d-scanner informed me of four force recons and I became twitchy as my codebreaker failed a few more times. As I said though it all worked out in the end, but I noticed a cyno field next to the station in Nikki and decided to jump into one of my rifters and leave Nikki for a while, hoping for another egger to shoot at.

I was just about to give up and dock up for the night when I noticed a Coercer in Mara. A little tough for a frigate, but rifters are serial killers! Off I warped to the closest asteroid belt and there was Chaz69, targeting me before I even began moving. I overloaded my afterburner to get into range and kept it overloaded to try and speed tank. I pinned him with my scrambler and webber and fired my turrets and rocket, overloading the whole rack of high slots. It didn't look good as he was halfway through my armor and I was still busy with his shields. Noticing that I was orbiting at 5000 meters I came in closer so my turrets get optimal. I also realized my scrambler deactivated and quickly fixed that too. Most of my modules was running hot as I burned through his shields with my armor in a dire situation, but now I started packing a punch in my tighter orbit. I was taking chunks out of his ship and he took small bites out of my almost destroyed hull. Then he exploded, but I failed to notice Karok Vilneram warp in during the fight and he proceeded in looting the coercer as I fled in my burning rifter. I had 14% hull left and my ab burned out as the coercer exploded.

Looking at the killmail, I noticed that he didn't tank at all, which made me realize that this was a lucky kill. Any armor tank and I'd be the one running in my pod. A kill is a kill I guess, and I'll gladly take it. Good fight and a very good night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment