Thursday, July 21, 2011

Questionable Tanking

The past few days was busy without being eventfull. I rebuilt my Cheetah and set about scanning the surrounding systems, found a few Ladars and Grav sites along with a class 2 wormhole which I explored, but without a Hurricane on standby there wasn't much point. It does seem as though my theory was right, low sec wormholes don't get as much attention as they do in hi sec, though I'll have to look more into this.

Apart from scanning, I equipped a Rifter with a Salvager II module and started erradicating Angel Cartel pirates in between.

The rest of my time was spent toying with a setup for my new Hurricane which I want ready for WH deployment. I revisited an old forum thread regarding battlecruisers and wormhole exploration. Seems as though I forgot all about Stasis Webifiers. Installing one will be a problem though as my passive shield tank is barely holding under sleeper fire at the moment. Mid slots is a problem, so back to armor tanking then. This is what I've come up with:

[Hurricane, Shuriken]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Energized Thermic Membrane II
Energized Magnetic Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Gyrostabilizer II

X5 Prototype I Engine Enervator
Y-S8 Hydrocarbon I Afterburners
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
Core Probe Launcher I, Core Scanner Probe I
Salvager II

Medium Projectile Burst Aerator I
Medium Projectile Collision Accelerator I



I'm cap stable doing 444DPS, with all my armor resistances to just above 60%. My big concern is my sustained defense efficiency, which is at 93DPS. Do I decrease resistance and increase repair rate? I'll have to research some more.

Tommorow I will plunge back into wormhole space, hopefully with more luck this time. This means that I will have to hurry up to get the cane ready tonight!

Next time on The Spacer: Will Yuzuki be succesful in his quest and bring back a ton of ISK? Or will he have another blunder? All this and more next time on: THE SPACER!!! (outro music and roll credit)

1 comment:

  1. Remove EM hardener, replace with Kinetic hardener.

    Consider removing Thermal hardener for either another EANM II or a damage control II (depending on which gives better resists - most ppl I know fit active explosion, 2 EAMN and DCII, but you obviously prefer the membranes)

    ReplyDelete