Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Did I spill your ore?

The last few days I've been hauling ships and mods into Nikkishina, my new home away from home in low sec. Most interesting thing that happened in the beginning was seeing my warp drive stabilizer work after being warp jammed in my Mammoth full of toys on a gate.


I also got another cane up and ready to take a plunge into WH space, or join the corp with missions should the need arise.

Dax Jr, a fellow blogger, read my last post and told me to consider low sec plexing as a way to make money while I'm there. I did a bit of research and soon another trip to Jita was made to buy a plexing ruppy. Needless to say that I have spent most of my pile of ISK on all these toys and I soon decided that it's time to scout for plexes as well as possible targets for my rifter fleet.

Abbadon Innovations joined an alliance over the weekend called PIT Allied Industries [PIES]. I have to admit, the prospect of joining an alliance didn't sound appealing at first, but Durzo totally sold it in the end. They could help make Abbadon's move into WH space a little smoother.

On Sunday while scanning in low sec, I noticed two illegal retrievers on my d-scanner, having an unsanctioned mining operation in Nikkishina(been reading allot of Lady Shaniqua's posts lately). I quickly probed them down and warped in cloaked to investigate. I landed 100km away from their POS. Thinking that I wouldn't be able to catch these criminals out of their hiding spot, I continued my scanning efforts. My eyes twinkled when I saw one of the two retrievers warp away, they were getting used to my presence.

I landed a site though and was just finalizing the probing on that when RUS Alex entered local. A few seconds later, the retriever was back at the POS, and a Loki appeared on the d-scanner. It didn't take long for my probes, however, to also find the Loki in the plex I just scanned down. I hopped over to the next system as Gurrista wrecks appeared on d-scanner.

In the neighbouring system I found another plex, and I was just about to head back to Nikkishina to fetch my Rupture when RUS Alex appeared in local again. My morale fell as I once again, witnessed another plex being raped by the Loki.

Then, upon warping back into Nikki, I noticed the retrievers appearing on d-scanner again, but this time at planet 10, not at their POS. With them was a Raven from the same corp. I quickly docked and collected a rifter. I warped to the first belt at planet 10 and nothing, second, there ya be!

I darted to the closest retriever, locked and BOOM! Before I could pin the other it warps away, and the Raven(which wasn't doing anything at all till this moment) locked me. I considered toying with it, but then decided to warp away as his drones started scratching the paintjob.

Not the most honorable kill I guess, but it's a start. I was shocked however by how much my sec ratings fell. Geez, you shoot one little retriever and Concord forgets all about the millions of Gurristas I've eradicated! Ungrateful if you ask me. Mentioning this in corp channel soon brought about warnings from everyone not to get carried away and be outlawed from Jita.

At the moment I'm sitting at HQ, sipping a cup of coffee and waiting for my implants to work its voodoo on the skills I'm training for my Orca. Still have to figure out what I'm gonna do tonight, mining just seems dull after the weekend.

If any one reading this has a nice setup for T1 matari cruisers that I can use for low sec plexing, please share it? I have doubts about my current ruppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment