Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Into the unknown...again!

I found a wormhole! It was a quiet class 2 in the Isinokka system. Found another just before that one and I watched it collapse soon after I arrived, a wonderful and rare sight that made me pause to think about the repercussions if I had jumped through a minute before. Some part of me have always wanted to get lost in unknown space, now that would be an adventure! But on to the wormhole I found right after.
After doing some homework, I went back to my home station to collect Immortallus. My first target was a Magnometric signature I scanned down. I warped in and opened fire at the awakened sleepers. All hell broke loose but soon the cruiser sized sleepers fell and my shields held up brilliantly. That only left, annoyingly, the frigates which I couldn't hit with my artillery fire. I did have a few tricks up my sleeve though, and soon I shot a few of them down, only to awaken another, much larger, fleet of sleepers.
As before I took care of the cruisers, but the frigates were a pain, and before long I was back in known space speeding my way towards my home station to rip the artilleries off of Immortallus. Luckily I had a few extra autocannons lying about and after stripping a field extender for a micro warp drive I was heading back to the wormhole to finish the job.
Killing frigates was easier but I had trouble tanking all the damage from the lack of the field extender as another wave of sleepers came at me. To make matters worse the micro warp drive was eating my capacitor too and soon I was battling to keep my invulnerability field going. I had no other option but to run and lay low for a while till my cap recharged. (And my fiancé called and didn't want to hang about not paying attention) So I warped to the nearest planet, cloaked and waited.
By the time I got back however everything was gone, leaving only the wrecks of the sleepers I shot down behind. (I have no idea how to explain this in character, ideas would be helpful) I had no choice but to head back to HQ, gather my salvaging ship and make the best of the situation.
My dismay didn’t last long however as I realized that what sleepers I did shoot down, left behind highly valued salvage material, nanoribbons! I broadcasted my earnings proudly to Durz0 Blint, the CEO of Abaddon Inovations, who came onto the corporation communications channel while I was busy salvaging.
Pretty soon we were talking about another excursion, this time with him in tow. Working together we made light work of the few sleepers we awakened, but after salvaging and looting found that no nanoribbons could be found in the wreckages left behind. I don't think Durz minded much, our findings became the start of a new stockpile of salvage materials he needed for a powerful tech 3 cruiser, and I was awarded with the Sleeper Data that caught a reasonable price on the market.
All in all though, pretty succesful day! May tomorrow bring as much fortune as today!

No comments:

Post a Comment